Sunday, September 16, 2012

Living (transferred from APC Blog)

I want to write more blogs, but I always forget.

Living. What is Living?

Is living breathing? Waking? Coming home to someone you love? Tactile contact with another human being?

Life begins, when? When we are born from our mother?

I know this is all just random thoughts, but I began to think about "What is really Living?"

Living "for me" is to be a part of others life, to affect others, to inspire change.

My biggest fears in life are that I will fail as a Husband, Dad, a Friend, a minister but most of all I fear failing God, I fear not walking through those doors he opens right in front of my face, and taking paths that will lead to places I never wanted to go in the first place.

Living isn't breathing, or waking, or even those ever passing precious moments that I recall so vividly, and never wanted to come out of.

Living is dancing when no one is looking, singing that goofy song that if all your friends knew you sang it, would laugh at you, living is having friends that can laugh at you, all the while you laugh with them at yourself, Living is having friends who will cry with you. Living is loving others. In a world that is filled with so much hate and turmoil, we need more love.

LIVING is taking someone by the hand, and saying WE can do it, and if we don't I will be here to help you up! Living is taking chances, taking chances for God! Reaching out to help others, not to get something back, but just because they are in need! Living is those small moments when no one is around, when the silence begins to deafen you, and all you have is you, and God... What do you do then, how do you live then?

Live for today, Live today like there is no tomorrow, because none of us really know if we will all be here tomorrow, and you don't know if that one who you see everyday, every week, the one your closest too, or farthest from will be there tomorrow either. Life is to short to hold grudges, Forgive, forgiving is living too!

Carpe' Diem "Sieze the day"

No comments:

Post a Comment