Monday, September 17, 2012

New Beginnings

AS I sit here this morning eating my cereal, I can't help but think about my new life that is about to begin. In 76 days I will marry the wonderful woman of God that He gave me.

We are considering where we will live, what we will do for a living, who we will be friends with (Okay, so not all things will be new :-p), what ministries we want to be involved in, how things will change when we have kids... The list goes on and on.

We spend our whole lives becoming what and who we are, then we fall in love, and what and who we are change, not in it's entirety, but just enough to make us realize that there are things coming, new things, sometimes scary, sometimes exciting, but new.

At times it feels like they used to say in the old Star Trek series, we are on a "Bold New Adventure." New to us, however the trail has been blazed my the multitudes that went before us, and we look to you for guidance and wisdom. The type of wisdom that you can only give, having walked down these winding and varied roads before.

So, I raise my bowl to you, and say "To New Beginnings" May they be as good as yours have been, if not better.

No comments:

Post a Comment